Thursday, September 20, 2007

彩雲開,月明如水浸樓台



06-16-2007 at St George church, Flushing, New York

《西廂記》"佳期" A Sweet Rendezvous-- a scene from The Western Chamber

彩雲開,月明如水浸樓台。
See how the iridescent clouds have opened,
And the moonlight, like cool water,
seeps into my chamber!

(小姐來了麼?呀啐!)
Is my beloved here at last?
Oh, how disappointing!

原來是風弄竹聲,只道是金佩响。
Why, it is only the flirtatious breeze teasing the bamboo trees!
And here I am, mistaking it for the tinkling of her trinkets.

月移花影,疑是玉人來。 
O how as the moon turns,
so turn the shadows of the blossoms,
Leading me to think my lovely damsel is come!

意孜孜双業眼。
急攘攘那情懷,倚定門兒待。 
Pray pity my eyes strained with eagerness,
And my heart twitching with anxiety.
But all I can do now is by the door wait.

只索要嚴打孩,青鸞黃犬信音乖。
Truly do I feel like a worthless laddie,
sentenced to this unbearable agony,
As no sign of angels seems forthcoming
to announce the coming of my darling lassie!

汪班翻译。translated by Ban Wang.

(posted by
mydovegetwell)

No comments: